Upon successful completion of the Global Supply Chain Executive MBA, you will receive a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Tennessee.
To be considered for the program, you must:
- meet the requirements for admission to the University of Tennessee Graduate School
- meet the requirements for our individual program.
Graduate School Admission
Admission to graduate school for Executive MBA candidates includes (but is not limited to) the following requirements:
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0, or a 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. Previous graduate work (including foreign degrees) must have a grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or equivalent. However, a strong record of professional or educational accomplishment may be considered as part of a GPA waiver request. Contact the EMBA for Global Supply Chain program office if your GPA doesn’t meet the minimum requirements.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores. You’re exempt from the GMAT requirement if you already have a graduate degree. You may be exempt if you have more than 5 years of managerial experience and an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Contact us to discuss whether your work experience warrants waiving the GMAT requirement. For information on GMAT tests, including schedules, visit www.mba.com.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. International applicants whose native language is not English must have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) within the last two years. This requirement may be waived if you’ve been conducting business primarily in English for a number of years, so please contact the program office if you have questions. For information on the TOEFL, including schedules, visit www.TOEFL.com.
If you are an international applicant, please note that the graduate school has a special set of guidelines and deadlines that apply specifically to you. Refer to the Admission Guide for Graduate International Students for detailed instructions.
Executive MBA for Global Supply Chain Admission
The admissions committee looks at your total professional background when reviewing your application. Some examples are listed below:
- Evidence of a career track with significant professional achievement and increasing scope of responsibilities At least 5 years of professional work experience.
- An academic record (combined with standardized test scores when required) that demonstrates the academic aptitude and commitment to complete and succeed in a rigorous MBA program while continuing to work.
- Evidence of the business acumen to contribute actively to the learning process
- Evidence of professional positioning that will allow you to apply learning quickly to your organization.
- Strong recommendations and robust employer support for time spent earning your Executive MBA degree.
Graduate & Executive Education ~ 603 Haslam Business Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-4160
Phone:+1 (865) 974-5001 ~ Fax: +1 (865) 974-4989 ~ Email:firstname.lastname@example.org